Maya Bera is now a Programmer Analyst II in the Department of Genetics at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
While in the Rudy Lab, Maya was responsible for:
• Providing a full range of desktop and servers cluster support to end users. Installed and maintained computer software, printers and peripherals. Troubleshooted, diagnosed, and resolved problems.
• Maintained and supported the website for the research lab.
• Planned and designed for the new backup system and ran backup and restore for the research lab.
• Implemented and Managed the network storage system.
• Supported a multi-platform environment including Solaris, Red Hat Linux, MS Windows, Apple Mac.
• Installed and configured HP-Blade C7000 enclosure and Blade servers with Red Hat Linux and supported Network bonding, Security update, NIS Plus, and SAN.
• Installed various application software including SAS9.2, SARTA 10, R, JAGS, MATLAB and supported parallel computing clustering using Torque, Open MPI and Ganglia.
• Provided technical support and trouble-shot hardware and software including Web and Email servers.